Terms and conditions
Effective from 5th September 2022
Use of the website is provided by Oxfam Scotland on behalf of the ‘A Scotland that cares’ campaign subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- Oxfam Scotland reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to the site are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. In no event will Oxfam Scotland be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- Oxfam Scotland does not warrant that the functions or material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Oxfam Scotland, and any relevant partners of the A Scotland that cares campaign. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Oxfam Scotland to use any item displayed.
- Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. Where documents, logos and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Oxfam Scotland), all rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- Oxfam Scotland takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites linked to from this website. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and Oxfam Scotland has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that Oxfam Scotland approves of, or endorses, any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- Offensive or inappropriate content placed on the campaign website:
We welcome your participation in any interactive feature on our site, including taking part in our campaign action to send an email/letter to each leader of a political party represented in the Scottish Parliament. Please note that all emails will be reviewed prior to being issued to the party leaders to ensure they adhere to our terms and conditions, including the Participation Criteria.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to or anywhere on the website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Oxfam reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws in Scotland (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Oxfam is a registered charity in Scotland (SCO 039042) and in England and Wales (number 202918) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No 612172 at Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford OX4 2JY. Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International.
If you are unhappy with our services or something that we have done or failed to do, we want to know about it. We also welcome your views on what we do well. Your comments enable us as an organisation to learn and continuously improve our services.
- email us at: email@example.com;
- Write to us at Oxfam Scotland, Oxfam House, Oxford, OX4 2JY.
In order to participate in any interactive features of the site, including taking our campaign action, we ask that you observe the Terms and Conditions, including our Participation Criteria.
- Please do not use profanities or words that may offend others.
- Do not post any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, blasphemous or otherwise unlawful or illegal. A defamatory comment is one that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation.
- Do not post anything that is or may be contempt of court (anything that risks prejudicing ongoing or forthcoming court proceedings) and avoid breaking any known court injunction.
- Do not incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred.
- Do not impersonate other participants or public figures.
- Do not create multiple user identities for the purpose of abusing the services of this site or the experience of other users.
- No spamming or flooding.
- Please stay on topic: content that is not relevant to care and the campaign for a National Outcome on care is not permitted.
- No advertising or marketing or any kind.
- Please do not use our campaign action to make a general complaint or raise unrelated issues to the leaders of the political parties represented in the Scottish Parliament or to ask a general question about Oxfam Scotland or ‘A Scotland that cares’. Please contact the relevant individual through separate channels and, in the case of Oxfam Scotland, please use the contact information supplied in these Terms and Conditions.